PeMSAA Australasia 6th International Congress
Adelaide, South Australia, 12th to 14th October 2018 Congress Programme
William Magarey Room, Adelaide Oval
18:30 – 22:00
- Welcome Reception & Inaugural PeMSAA Australasia Congress Lecture,
- Inaugural PeMSAA Austrasia Congress Lecture;
- Addressing Non-communicable Diseases; Global Status – Professor Shanthi Mendis, Consultant Global Health Geneva Learning Foundation & Former Senior Adviser Non-communicable Diseases, World Health Organisation Geneva, Switzerland.
Ian McLachlan Room Adelaide Oval
- Opening Address by President PeMSAA Australasia Dr Nayanananda Lekamge
- History of Department of Medicine University of Peradeniya; A walk down the memory lane – Professor Thilak Jayalath , Professor of Medicine University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- James Lance, Steve & fellows, Saving Brains through Authentic Advocacy – Story from Australia – Professor Tissa Wijerathne – Professor in Neurology; Clinical Professor in Medicine, Western Health Clinical School, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Cancer Immunotherapy: The Endgame Begins – Dr Nimmi Athuraliya – Staff Specialist & Clinical Academic, The Maitland Hospital Clinical School, Hunter New England Health, Australia
- From Prediction to Precision Medicine: The Future Directions In Epilepsy Management – Udaya Senaviratne , Associate Professor, Monash University & The University of Melbourne; Head of Epilepsy Service, Monash Health; Deputy Director of Neurology, Monash Health; Consultant Neurologist/Epileptologist, Monash Health and St. Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
- Morning Tea
- The Current Challenges for the Health Care in a Geriatric World – Dr Ravi Ruberu – Consultant Physician, Lyell McEwin Hospital and Senior lecturer in Clinical Medicine, University of Adelaide & University of South Australia.
- What is My Right to Refuse Treatment? – Dr Dharshani Gunaratne, Consultant Psychiatrist, ACT Health Canberra, Australia.
- Right to Live or Die – Do we have right to decide? – Dr Priyani Rathnayaka, Consultant Psychiatrist ACT Health, Canberra, Australia.
- Future of Psychiatry – Dr Kalyana Rodrigo, Consultant Psychiatrist, ACT Health, Canberra, Australia.
11:15 – 12:00
- History of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Kandy & Peradeniya – Professor Kapila Gunawardena , Chair Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka.
- IUI to Designer Babies – Management of Subfertility for the Future – Dr Nayanananda Lekamge, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Women’s & Children’s Hospital & Port Augusta Hospital, Clinical Senior Lecturer University of Adelaide.
- Recent Trends in Gall Bladder Surgery – Associate Professor Shiran Wijeratne – Consultant Surgeon, Werribee Mercy Hospital, Victoria, Australia.
- Gut as an Endocrine Organ – Surgery for Diabetes – Dr Senarath Werapitiya – Visiting General Surgeon Bunbury Health Campus, Western Australia.
13:15 – 14:30
Session Five – Workshop
- Worst Nightmare at Home – Practical Workshop on Basic and Advanced life support Dr Ranjan Joshi – Consultant Intensivist , Women’s & Children Hospital Adelaide , Australia & Dr Saubagya Gunathilaka – Consultant Anaesthetist , Campbelltown Hospital , Sydney , Australia
14:30 to 15:00
- Afternoon Tea
15:00 – 16:00
- Past Present and Future of Basic Science Teaching in Medical School – Dr Lakal Dissabandara – Senior Lecturer in Clinical Anatomy, Griffith University Australia
- Quality Assurance & Accreditation Professor Raja Bandaranayke, Former/ Visiting Professor, Department of Anatomy College of Medicine and Medical Sciences Arabian Gulf University & Visiting Professor, Medical Education Gulf Medical College Ajman, United Arab Emirates and Faculty of Medicine University of Peradeniya.
- Future Direction of Medicine – Dr Sisira Jayathissa – Chief Medical Officer, Hutt Valley District Health Board, Consultant Physician Hutt Valley District Health Board, Clinical senior Lecturer in Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine, University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Upcoming Challenges in Primary Health care – Dr Samanthi Rambadagalla, General Practitioner, New Zealand
- The Emerging Trends & Achievement in Primary Care – Dr Anura Thalagala, General Practitioner, Sydney, Australia
- Common Medico Legal Issues – Dr Kumara Ekanayake, General Practitioner, Adelaide, Australia
Session Eight – Workshop
- Inside look in to South Australian Fine Wine – Authentic Experience; Making to Tasting from Master Wine Makers. Jacob’s Creek Wineries, Barossa, South Australia
- Gala Dinner with Mystery – Ian McLachlan Room Adelaide oval Adelaide
- Teaches Felicitation
- Welcome New PeMSAA Australasia Life Members
Ian McLachlan Room Adelaide Oval
- “Traditional Wisdom within a Limited Life-Span” – Professor Ananda Wijekoon – Former Professor of Paediatrics University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka
- Current Epidemic of Childhood Obesity – Professor Chandra Abeysekara – Former Professor of Paediatrics, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Sweet Stuff in Diabetes Management – Dr Janaka Tennakoon, Consultant Paediatrician, Mildura Base Hospital, Victoria.
- UTI in children: A paradigm shift in the Management – Professor Asiri Abeyagunawardena – Professor of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Future of Management of Thalassemia in Children –Dr Thushara Kudagammana – Senior Lecturer Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya , Sri Lanka
09:30 – 10:45
- Workshop over the Morning Tea Garden & Landscape Design
- History of Radiology in Kandy & Peradeniya – Professor Bhadra Hewavithana, Professor of Radiology Department of Radiology , Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Things that Make You Excited – Radiology in Sri Lanka – Dr Indra Lekamge, Senior Consultant Radiologist, National Hospital, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Current challenges in Breast imaging – Dr Priyanka Perera – Consultant Radiologist, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
- Are We There yet? Radiology in Outback Australia – Dr Janakie Ratnayake – Consultant Radiologist, Dr Jones & Partners & Royal Adelaide Hospital Adelaide, Australia
- Future of Interventional Radiology – Dr Shantha Sooriyabandara – Consultant Radiologist, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
- Artificial Intelligence in Radiology – Dr Sarath Senadeera – Consultant Radiologist, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
Session Twelve – Workshop
- Dancing & Spirituality – Healthy Body in healthy Mind – Dr Channa Wijewardena – Sri Lankan Choreographer , Founder Channa Upuli Performing Arts Foundation
- Taking Sri Lankan brand to the world – Bathiya Jayakody & Santhush Weeraman
13:30 – 14:15
- PeMSAA Australasia for next Ten Years Panel Discussion – Past Presidents & Teachers
- 7th PeMSAA Australia Congress – Address by Dr Anura Thalagala, President Elect PeMSAA Australasia 2019-2021
- Conclusion of PeMSAA Australasia 6th Congress – Vote of Thanks by- Secretory PeMSAA Australasia Dr Shantha Sooriyabandara
- PeMSAA Australasia AGM
- Thaala 2018 by Channa and Upuli Dancing foundation with Bathiya & Santhush
Elder Hall, North Terrace Adelaide